IIT Guwahati is self-governing institute offers engineering and technology courses. This institute was founded by Central Government. The institute is located in Guwahati, Assam. This institute comes on 6th number in terms of date of establishment. This is well renowned establishment having national significance by the Indian government. The exact location of this establishment is Amingaon, a town situated in the north side of Guwahati.
The area of the establishment is approximately 2.8 Sq. KM. The place is just about 20 km away from the middle of the city. Site of this place is within beautiful view of Brahmputra River and surrounding hilly area.
IIT Guwahati houses the Following Departments:
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Chemical Engineering
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Civil Engineering
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Design
- Department of Electronics & Electrical Engineering (previously known as Department of Electronics and Communication)
- Department of Humanities|Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Mathematics
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
IITG Caters a Six Angled Research as Under:
- Centre for Educational Technology
- Centre for Nanotechnology
- Centre for Mass Media Communication
- Central Instruments Facility
- Centre for Energy
- Centre for the Environment
Student Life and Hostels
- IIT Guwahati Hostels
- IITG is complete equipped with all residential facilities. There is a Gymkhana club which is responsible to enhance the aims of development of supplementary activities, as well as the wellbeing of the students.
- Hostels are sufficient enough to accommodate the entire students and are named on rivers. Besides it, there is separate hostel for wedded postgraduate students.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Guwahati 781039, Assam, India